Last week, we gave some basic tips on how to make that LinkedIn profile work for you. Now, we’re going to take that profile to the next level with these four tips.
Fill “Specialties” with keywords
- The “Specialties” section is the place to include key words and phrases that a recruiter might type into a search engine. The best place to find relevant keywords is in a job listing for a position that appeals to you.
Update your status weekly
- Enhance your professional image by updating your status at least once a week. Tell people about the events you’re attending, major projects, professional books you’re reading, or any other professional news you may have.
Show your connectedness with badges
- Joining groups an displaying the group badge on your profile are ways to fill out the professionalism of your profile as well as keep you connected with people that are interested in or apart of the same things you are.
- Here are some tips on finding great LinkedIn groups for you
Collect diverse recommendations
- Having at least one recommendation for each position held will make your LinkedIn profile completely impressive. Think about soliciting recommendations from professors, internship coordinators, colleagues, employers, and mentors.
- Here’s an article on 4 Keys to Scoring Amazing LinkedIn Recommendations