Their excellent career guidance and career building programs have taught me the essentials of professionalism and what it takes to survive in the “real world”.
SDSU CS: What degree did you obtain while at San Diego State?
- I obtained a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with a minor in Cognitive and Behavioral Neurological Sciences (Psychology).
SDSU CS: What are your current plans as well as future plans?
- Currently I am working with SANDAG (San Diego Association of Governments) as a Transportation Programs Intern with their Intelligent Transportation Systems Team. I plan to complete my contract with SANDAG, prepare myself for a career with the Navy Civil Engineering Corps, and eventually return to school to obtain a Master’s Degrees in Transportation Engineering and Business Administration.
SDSU CS: How has Career Services aided you throughout your school years?
- Career Services, and more specifically Chris Turntine, have helped me tremendously in becoming the professional I am today. Their excellent career guidance and career building programs have taught me the essentials of professionalism and what it takes to survive in the “real world”. They have blessed me with important skills and trades that I can apply to my current internship and future places of employment. The people at career services were not just my mentors but my friends as well. Their genuineness allowed me to see the sincerity in their advice and guidance and made it infinitely more meaningful.
SDSU CS: What services have you used at Career Services, including assessments, mock interviews, career counseling, job listings, on campus interviewing or others?
- I participated and took advantage of many of the services offered by CS. Services such as career counseling, intern and job matching, mock interviews, resume building workshops, professional development fairs, career fairs, and professional etiquette workshops. All of which have helped me gain vital skills needed in the professional workforce.
SDSU CS: How would you evaluate the impact of SDSU CS?
- SDSU Career Services is an excellent tool that I don’t believe many SDSU students take advantage of. It has been vital to my professional development throughout my undergraduate years and will be forever grateful for all the resources and skills they provided for me. If I had given more importance to planning my future earlier on in my college career I would have gotten involved with Career Services a lot sooner than I did. I definitely recommend ALL SDSU students to take full advantage of everything SDSU Career Services has to offer.
Take a moment to develop yourself and your professional skills to get you on your path to your career by visiting our website and seeing the events/workshops we have available for you here: https://goo.gl/bR39H5